In the past years a lot of entrepreneurs and managers have asked me to support in the optimisation of their LinkedIn profile. Here are the highlights of my LinkedIn articles, along with additional tips and tricks for entrepreneurs. With these tips, you have the power to create your LinkedIn profile and get you noticed by potential customers. These easy LinkedIn tips and tricks can deliver great results.
At times when team leaders, senior managers, entrepreneurs and directors at international companies reach out to me for review of their profile, I notice that they all make the same mistakes in their profile.
Most common mistakes in Your LinkedIn Profile
1. A profile picture is not uploaded or a wedding photo, selfie or a baby picture is displayed.
2. The profile does not contain a person specific URL.
3. The headline is stating the current position, but is not reflecting the skills and expertise.
4. The Profile does not have a summary, or contains a non attractive summary without a call to action or keywords users will look for.
5. The profile is half- filled out, no information is shared about the working experience or just too much info as the profile is just a copy of the resume.
6. Contact information is missing (no email address and/or phone number).
7. Important contact settings are not activated.
8. No company page is attached.
LinkedIn is NOT a Resume it is a sales document to attract a potential customers and clients.
Generating more income, grow your network and increase more traffic to your profile will get easier if you are aware how users will screen your profile.
8 areas of screening your profile:
People that found your profile in general will look at:
1. Current & Former experiences + company page
2. Job titles
3. Job responsibilities
7. Accuracy, presentation and professionalism
LinkedIn is the most popular social networking site out today and is growing every second. It is the common tool for recruiters, employers and companies. It is a database and you need to stand out from the crowd. A profile that get you noticed, prove you have the expertise in your areas of interest. It is an excellent way to show your experience and promote yourself.
If you are working as an executive or entrepreneur it is key to have a compelling profile to attract potential customers, clients and increase your sales. It should be part of your company / employer branding and marketing strategy. What kind of perception would you think people might have on your company’s credibility and professionalism if your profile is half filled-out?
Actions you can perform as Entrepreneur:
1. Create a unique LinkedIn URL. If you do not how to do this, please click here
2. Follow groups where your target audience is there.
3. Set up a company page and post regularly.
4. Get more recommendations and start to ask your network for a reference.
5. Start writing a post on the LinkedIn page – become a publisher on LinkedIn.
6. Share an update – share links to products, services, blog, promotional offers etc.
More interesting articles for you: