Have you been invited to write a recommendation on LinkedIn? Need the knowledge and tools to write a professional recommendation?
Please read below 4 ways how to write a recommendation on LinkedIn:
1. Choose you own words and write from your heart
A recommendation indicates that you think he/she has achieved an excellent performance. It is your positive experience and you need to express that in your own wording. The more you personalise your story, the more powerful the result will be.
2. Do not compare recommendations
If you compare references from others, your recommendation will not be authentic. Do you not know how to start writing? Put yourself in the following situation: What would you tell your colleagues at a network meeting about your business experience with him/her?
3. Write in the present tense
Your recommendation is concerning a person who is still alive, therefore use the present tense.
4. Write about his/her performance in work & personal skills
The recommendation contains a description of activities he/she has successfully carried out. You are complimenting him/her on the way he/she has succeeded. Be specific and describe the skills and characteristics you have noticed.
Examples of skills:
- X has demonstrated that he/she possesses good people management skills
- X is accurate / loyal / flexible / creative / copes with stress / precise
Explain why he/she is an asset for the organisation and/or obtained results: “I wholeheartedly recommend X to … to support / ask for / give advice / ..”
Above all, be enthusiastic and share your positive experience with others to let them experience the same!”
Please review my recommendations for inspiration.
Latest posts by Marieke Stoop (see all)
- Learn How To Market Yourself Online - 30 December
- Shop Online For Your Business & Career - 22 December
- Build Your CV! Find Examples and Resume Templates! - 1 December